Friday 20 June 2014

Minecraft creeper card

Stamps: Rad (CAS-ual Fridays)
Ink: Staz-On

Has your house been taken over by MineCraft?  Mine has.  My boys speak a whole new language, & I find myself singing minecraft lyrics in my zumba class, instead of the originals!
 
I have been toying with making a creeper card for a while now, but I was going to do it using the tiny squares from the SSS grid die.  In truth I have put it off because it seemd like too much work & I am nothing if not lazy.
 
However, today I saw this on Ardyth's Pinterest board:
 
Gift idea and a quick, no stamping card for a boy
 
and remembered this from Mini Eco:
 
Woven space invaders
 
& my lazy genes rejoiced!
 
I have a whole load of 1/8" ribbon in a variety of colours.  Naturally none were the murky green required, but I soon fixed that wih a couple of pro-markers.  I used random splodges of darker green on top to get the pixellated look:
 
 
These were then attached to some square cardstock & the black ribbon woven vertically for the features.
 
 
Having framed & mounted it, I couldn't get any sentiment to look right, until I hit upon some washi tape.

Am now going to slip in under the wire for CAS-ual Fridays!



 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! I just want to touch it - I love how you actually wove the creeper into the card! Not everyone will appreciate this (the creeper, I mean. Everyone will appreciate your technique), but all minecraft players will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! You are so creative!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is astounding creativity, Jenny!! Congratulations on the Contender title from CFC for this incredible card! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...