Tuesday 10 September 2013

Muse Challenge #34

The children are back at school, the village fete is done & dusted & the temperature is a good 10 degrees cooler than it was last week, so I have returned to my craft room.  Hurrah!
Stamps: Bitty Banners (WM); Christmas Tags (Elzybells)
Ink: White Pigment (WPlus9)
Die: Impression Obsession
This was inspired by Therese's card over at Muse this week. 
 
 
I reversed the colour combo, & used trees in place of her wooden houses.  I did toy with a tag, but couldn't make it work for me.
I tried this with white embossing at first, but prefer the softer contrast that the white ink gives.  This WPlus9 is the best white ink I have found, but being pigment I still have trouble stamping really fine detail.  You can see a bit of the 'squashed' effect on the sentiment - a build up of ink at the edges of the letters, less in the middle, where it should be.  I guess I need more practise!  Any tips for improving on this would be gratefully received.
 
Linking to:

22 comments:

  1. I think your card is wonderful! I just love how you have created this little tree scene and such a perfect choice to use white ink (even though it can sometimes refuse to play nice lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love that you 'reversed' the colour scheme! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, such a gorgeous Christmas card :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! I love the white on kraft with a touch of red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this is amazing!!!! Love it. Love the little designs on the trees in white!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Christmas card, love your patterned trees :)
    I have problems stamping with white ink too, so sorry can't give you any help there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite lovely. Brilliant idea to reverse the kraft and white. Absolutely love this! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Jen - gorgeous inked die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally gorgeous creation :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is Jennylicious!! A perfect take on the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card, love the trees and the white ink on kraft. I also need the secret of non-squishy stamping, let me know if you find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so beautiful!
    Love it!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so beautiful!
    Love it!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooo! Ahhhhhhh! Just perfection!
    Congrats on the Muse challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is incredible, Jenny! I'm so pinning! Congratulations on the win at MUSE!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...