Thursday 6 December 2012

Faking it

Stamps: Bitty Bird (PTI); Season Sparkle (My Cute Stamps); words (Elzybells)
Ink; Versamark (Tsukineko)
other: Prisma colour pencils; Parker alphabet dies (Memory Box)
 
A complete change of direction for me today.  When my 7 yr old saw this card, he said "Wow Mum, did you draw that?".  As he never normally applies 'wow' to anything I do I was tempted for a moment to let him believe in mum-as-artist, but had to confess to stamping lest he call my bluff later on!
I really enjoyed myself with this, stamping in Versamark & then going over the lines with pencil.  I'm not uberhappy with the JOY bit, even though I embossed it with my favourite letter dies.  Next time, I'll cut out the letters & sponge them with white - but this is for one-layer-Wednesday, so die cuts are strictly verboten!
 
Linking to:
One Layer Wednesday: OLW117 ~ Snow

3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea - it definitely looks hand drawn! This is a wonderful OLW snow card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, the coloured pencil on kraft looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colored pencil on kraft, great look. Love your blog title too, i'm with ya, girl!

    Visiting from OLW challenge
    xo, Kristina
    I'd love if you popped over for a visit
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...