Friday 20 July 2012

Monster Birthday


Stamps: Little Monster (Woodware)
Ink: Bamboo Leaves, Morocco (Memento)
Paper: Hopscotch Boy (K & Co)
Other: By the Number Dies, Stars (MFT)
A bit of a departure from my normal style today.  There is a birthday approaching in our house, & the birthday-boy-to-be has been more than a little scathing in the past about some of my CAS efforts.  "It's BORING mum, they won't like that...".

It didn't come easily.  I messed about for ages with placement of pieces & stamps.  The gold stars were a last minute addition because 'it just didn't look right'.

Finally having finished my masterpiece, I lifted it from the table to find it opens on the left, not the right!  Whoops.  Oh well, I'm sure he won't mind; at least it will be different...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm giggling! Kids have no appreciation for minimalism - they want more, more, more! This is an adorable (but not CAS) card. I make them too!

    Thanks for your comment about my card. I stamped the faces and sentiment in versafine onyx and clear embossed. Cut the faces with a circle punch and layered them onto black cut with a blossom punch. THe neon strips are paper from Michael's. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you poor thing! If he's seven, he really won't mind. So cute and proud of you for moving out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think for males, more is better, or at least more signals you spent more time and time equals love. If I bang around alot of pots and pans, my husband's SURE he's going to get a better meal. Well, my Mother always told me, never iron unless your husband is there to see you do it, because they only believe you work if they see you actually doing it. :-)

    Your CASology SUN may well be my all-time favorite card.....I KNEW it was going to be the winner for CASology#1.....but I'll guess most males would say you skimped on ink. "Goin' cheap!" or "Lazy today?"

    So I say this birthday card is just pluperfect for a male of any age. Your artistry is still exceedingly evident, even though the card is not CAS.

    One of my favorite things about your blog is that I enjoy looking at each card over and over again, especially the CASology #1 Sun. It's just pure genius.

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun! All kids like fun bright designs and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...