Saturday 7 July 2012

Gold wedding cake


Stamps: Little Bitty Bird , Polk Dot Basics II, Text Style (PTI)
Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko)
Other: gold mirriboard, white & gold embossing powders
Card base: 5" square ivory linen (Paper Mill Direct)

It's gold at Less Is More this week, & text on CAS-ual Fridays.  I was severely lacking in inspiration, so I went hunting on Pinterest again & found this:

Pinned Image

I've never embossed on gold before, & I thought maybe the metallic finish would dull or bubble under the heat, but was pleasantly surprised.


That little fairy was back for the top layer.  No matter HOW many times I swiped with my embossing buddy, I always got a few extra bits!  You can't tell in real life though, as the top layer is only 1 inch wide.

Linking to:
Less is More ~ Week 75, Gold
CAS-ual Fridays ~ CFC60, Text Me

24 comments:

  1. Hola Jenny, perfect CAS card, simply gorgeous, great idea.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kinda card, love it!
    Have you used WOW embossing powder, it really is the finest, best powder.
    I swear by my embossing buddy, mine is Stampin Up it really does stop those nasty little stray bits
    As you say you can hardly tell on yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cake, that little fairy visits my house as well. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this creation...CAS at its best

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks simply terrific, love those papers.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Perfect CAS card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this! perfect cas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect CAS card! I love this!

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cake - really great example of a CAS card. That little fairy must be awfully busy......lol

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous and original idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card...and great inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Jenny. I love using cakes to inspire cards too. Yours is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a really great card, lovely embossed layers, I love it, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like your cake card - so very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely golden cake. Beautiful. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect CAS card! Your embossing is flawless and I love how beautifully combined are the different cake layers.
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your golden birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous celebration cake...great for a special birthday :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply sweet!!! What a CAS delight!! Thanks for sharing your creative beauty this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. sweet card....love the papers you used...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job!! Heat embossing is one of my most favorite techniques and I can tell you from experience, getting all of those random bits of EP off before using the heat gun takes some major SKILL!! And clearly, you figured it out here!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your card & the cake!! :-) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...