Wednesday 20 June 2012

OLW93 - In the Kitchen

So, this week we are invited to take inspiration from the kitchen  Notice THE kitchen, not YOUR kitchen.  My kitchen is singularly uninspiring.  I was considering trawling pinterest until I saw IT. 
What was IT I hear you cry?    Not the stack of recycling bins in the corner.  Not the half full bowl of cat food that is seemingly invisible to the cat.    Not the small pile of crumbs under the toaster.  (I did briefly toy with the idea of attaching these in a neat line via sticky strip, like glitter).  Not the mess of post waiting to be filed.  Appalled?  Read the sub-heading of this blog again....

IT is a small basket I made from the Lakeland catalogue many months ago, that sits on the window sill as a repository for all the small bits & pieces whose origins are as yet unknown, but will become immediately apparent as soon as they have been consigned to the bin.  Yes, the junk pot.  How sad am I that this is the most inspiring thing in my kitchen?  In all fairness, it is on the to do list, just not at the top.
 

Stamps:Text Style, Polka Dot Basics II , Star Prints (PTI); Fancy Phrases (Waltzing Mouse); Background Stripes (Hero Arts)
Ink: London Fog, Rose Bud (Memento); Versamark; Sudio G chalks
Font: Winnie the Hoop, Trocchi
 I designed & cut the template with Silhouette Studio & then masked off bits & pieces with Post It notes.  The full colour panels were achieved by sponging, some with Versamark & then chalk. 
I'm now wondering if I should have moved this more towards the centre of the card.  Undecided.


Did you see the little flourish that sneaked in while I wasn't looking?  Also, can you tell I read an article about how to improve your photos - note the seamless background.  When I get my new craft room (not SO far away now) I am definitely making a light box.



Linking to:
One Layer Wednesday: OLW93, In The Kitchen


6 comments:

  1. Cool take on your inspiration! Love how you created the template first, so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of print and patterned stamps, it's easy to see where you got your inspiration. (And I quite like the positioning to the side of the card).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool interpretation of your inspiration basket and a clever template you can use again if you so desire. Great colour scheme and mix of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a giggle! I love how you interpreted your home-made pot. I love how you made your home-made pot (I so wish we had something like Lakeland here in Canada - I love looking when I'm in Edinburgh at my in-laws). I love that you thought about using toast crumbs as an embellishment! You could have used jam as an adhesive - going now before I get too out of hand! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post - I try to avoid housework as much as possible too! I'm succeeding :))))

    Love your inspiration pot; the card is just super! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to chuckle since I also struggled to find something inspiring in my kitchen (I thought that was the challenge - whoops) -- I love that you were able to make a card to match your junk bin - :) Great idea with the template~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...