Thursday 21 June 2012

Hexagon card

Stamps: Geo-Graphics (Paper Smooches); Fanciful Flowers (Elzybells)
Ink: Rose Bud (Memento), Studio G Chalk
Font: Winnie the Hoop; Trocchi
This card was inspired by this one for Hero Arts by Julie Ebersole. I had to mask of part of the hexagon stamp while inking, as it is much wider than I needed.  You can't see very well from the photo, but the patterned piece is mounted on the base using foam pads.
The only thing I am not entirely happy about is where I had to chalk-on-Versamark for the flowers. But that's what happens when you embark on an orange / fuchsia colour scheme with no orange ink pad!!!

Rescue Mission:

Slept on it.  Decided I couldn't leave it alone.  Did what all good crafters do with an error - covered it up with bling.  Stamped hexagons on to scrap paper, cut 3 individuals out & stuck them over the (now to my mind VERY offensive orange flowers) & finished with some pink jewels.  NOW I love it.


Linking to:
Less is More: LIM72 - Something Shiny

5 comments:

  1. Jenny beautiful card and love those colors with the bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours you've used here - and love the shiny bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great CAS design!
    I love the colour combo too!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever 'cover-up'! Although I think both cards look great!
    (my fave orange is 'Tangelo' by Memento - you can buy a little one, it's cheap as chips)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the design, with the bling!
    Superb colour combo, pink & orange is one of my favs
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...