Thursday 28 June 2012

Computer sentiment tutorial

A number of people have asked how I do my computer sentiments, so I have put together a tutorial  for how to do it using MS Publisher.  My software of choice is Silhouette Studio (available to download for free) but I figure that more people would have Publisher already installed.
Sorry, but this is a picture heavy post, so may be frustrating to read if your connection speed is poor.

I have used this card for demonstration purposes, because the sentiment had to be in a very specific place.
I knew that the finished card would be A6 ~ 14.8 x 10.5cm.  I measured the stamp I was going to use, & decided that a 4.8cm square would look the best.
Open MS Publisher & draw your card front to the right size as shown below.

Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make a square 4.8cm long.


With only the square selected, you can then use the up & down arrow keys on the keyboard to move it to the right place.  If you have a specific distance from the top, draw another rectangle using this dimension as the height, & use the new rectangle as a spacer (hope that makes sense...).

Now for the sentiment.



Now you can use the keyboard arrows to position the sentiment exactly where it needs to be in relation to the other items on your card.



So now you are left with the sentiment in the right place for printing on an A6 card, at the bottom of an A4 sheet of paper.

Some things to remember:
Don't worry, you can always undo stuff.
When putting text close to the edge of the page, your printer might leave a border so be aware of this.
Try it out on cheap computer paper first.

Phewwww!  I'm worn out now.  Congratulations if you have managed to stay the course.  I hope I have made things clear enough; I find it a difficult line to tread- giving sufficient info without being patronising.  If something is still unclear, leave me a comment & I'll try to help.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome tutorial. Well done. I'm all set to create my own sentiments and put them exactly where I need them... now, all I need is a printer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny! You did an awsome job! I really neaded this...print the whole thing on good cardstock...I am sure I will have to refer to it often. God bless you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...