Monday 11 June 2012

Buckets of love


Stamp: Tremendous Treats Valentine (PTI)
Ink: Aqua (ranger adirondack); Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass (Distress Inks); Christmas Red (HobbyCraft); unknown orange; London Fog (Memento)
Card base: A6 ivory (Anna Marie Designs)
Font: Migrainesans
I've not had much success with sponging in the past, but I'm dead chuffed with how this card has turned out.  I printed out the sentiment first - right back in my comfort zone after Saturday's horrific experience with you-know-who - & masked off the square using torn edged paper for a softer look.



The image was stamped 3 times: once on the card & then twice on white paper.  I sponged the different areas on the 2 separate images & then paper-pieced them together.  I put some sellotape over the heart before cutting out, for a slightly glossy finish.  Originally tried colouring the bucket with pro-markers, but that was just too harsh against the sponged background.

Love it love it love IT.  Fully expect tomorrow to find a challenge with a seaside / summer theme that I now can't enter!

Linking to:

4 comments:

  1. You should love it...it's TOTALLY adorable in its simple design!

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud it's fab. Perfect match of sentiment and image. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sponging is perfect and works so well with the bucket & spade! What a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too Jenny - it's my idea of the perfect card! I love the sentiment with that image and the sponged background is gorgeous. I just can't imagine why you would think printing a sentiment is easier than stamping it! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...