Thursday 21 June 2012

Blue without you


Stamp: Gingham & Co (Waltzing Mouse)
Ink: Blue Danube (Memento)
Font: WorstveldSlingExtra2Oblique
Other: Nesting square dies (Quickutz); heart punch, Button Dies (MFT)
Ooh I so hated this colour combo when I first saw it on The Play Date Cafe this morning.  Much too difficult.  Still, that's why it's called a challenge...



I took inspiration from Ardyth's love of black frames here & dived right in.
It all looked a bit harsh to begin with, hence the doodling in the frames.  I also like the imperfect stamping (intended, of course!).  All the gloss is from a layer of sellotape prior to cutting.  The brad bits on the frames are the holes from the button dies. The heart reminds me of a lovely china button I saw at a recent show but was too stingy to buy!

Linking to:
Play Date Cafe PDCC137

3 comments:

  1. Love your use of the colors - I hope you'll link up with me at 52 Card Pickup again this week!
    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVE the sentiment--perfect for our splash:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your little blue heart and how you framed it. The sentient is perfect too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...