Sunday 6 May 2012

Technique with Versamark pad & chalk

Stamps: Miss You (My Cute Stamps), Teeny Trees (Waltzing Mouse)
Ink: Versamark
Card base: 9.9cm square, linen white (Paper Mill Direct)
Other: Studio g Fresh Chalk
This technique was born from the CAS card I made the other day.  The one that took so long to come together. 

I love the fine lines of the 'Miss You' set by My Cute Stamps, but wanted to re-create them on a single layer card.  When I stamped these on my standard card base, they bled a bit & ruined the effect I was after.  But I wanted the linen texture on my card as well.  I'm too greedy.  I thought about embossing, but only have limited colours available.  Then PING! A light bulb moment. 

What I do have are some cheapy chalk sets from Studio G, in the colours I was considering.  What happens if you stamp in Versamark & apply a little chalk?  You get to keep the fine lines & the paper texture.  Result.  And you can blend them a bit.

The paler orange doesn't really show up on the photo, in spite of my superior photographic skills ;).  On reflection, I should have done the sentiment in the darker orange too.  I think it's a bit too subtle.  Still, we live & learn.

Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...